Digital Forensics Services
Digital Forensics is the process of collecting, preserving, protecting and analyzing digital evidence to understand the root cause of security incidents. Most organizations do not have the ability to properly conduct the process of collecting, preserving, protecting and analyzing digital evidence related to security incidents so they can better understand the root cause of the incident and put protective measures in place to mitigate the risk of future incidents.
Compass’ Digital Forensics Team assists organizations by:
- Analyzing security incident data to understand the extent of the incident, timing of the incident, who was involved with the incident, and what data may have been exposed in the incident.
- Recommending proper steps for the restoration of systems back to normal operation.
- Suggesting protection methods for the future to mitigate the risk of future incidents.
Compass provides three specific service offerings to organizations of any size and in any vertical market:
- Post Breach Analysis– Compass will assist organizations with the identification of indicators of compromise, incident timeline, extent of incident, individuals who participated in the incident, and any malware/vulnerability information that contributed to the incident.
- Employee Investigations – Compass will assist organizations in the investigation of employees who have misused organizations assets to improperly access unauthorized data or violated the organizations acceptable use policy.
- Litigation Consulting – Compass will assist litigation experts investigate security incidents to find the truth with no disposition to the outcome of events.
Compass has a team of dedicated forensic analysts that are experienced in the collection, preservation, and analysis of digital evidence related to security incidents. This process requires a unique set of skills that not only helps you understand all aspects of the incident but that also follows proper law enforcement guidelines around proper evidence handling and chain of custody protocols. To discuss your specific situation and needs in greater detail, please contact us.