Cyber attackers are constantly attempting to breach the systems of organizations small and large. Studies find that as many as 230,000 new malware samples are produced daily by hackers. Though you will do all you can to mitigate the risk of a successful attack, many organizations still find themselves facing a security crisis. Compass IT Compliance has a dedicated Incident Response Team on standby to respond to such incidents. We will work with your team to do whatever is necessary to remediate the incident and restore your service back to its previous secure, normal state. We can also conduct a digital forensics analysis to determine the root cause of the security incident. Below is a testimonial from a recent client who faced a malware infection:
"Malware accidentally downloaded by office staff jeopardized the privacy of thousands of clients and nearly gave our medical practice owners a heart attack. This worst-case scenario was neutralized within hours by the experts at Compass IT Compliance!"
Independent Medical Practice, New England
The client was a small covered entity who didn’t have a lot of expertise in-house to deal with a cyber incident. We received a call and immediately started to work on detection, containment, and eradication of the reported cyber threat. The incident’s kill chain was disrupted, and the doctor’s office systems were returned to normal in under one business day. Some details on the incident can be found in our recent blog post by Compass IT Compliance Security Engineer Jesse Roberts.
Digital Forensics Services
Digital forensics is the process of collecting, preserving, protecting, and analyzing digital evidence to understand the root cause of security incidents. Most organizations do not have the ability to properly conduct digital forensics analysis of evidence related to security incidents, making it difficult to put protective measures in place to mitigate the risk of future incidents. Compass IT Compliance’s Digital Forensics Team assists organizations by:
- Analyzing security incident data to understand the extent of the incident, timing of the incident, who was involved with the incident, and what data may have been exposed in the incident
- Recommending proper steps for the restoration of systems back to normal operation
- Suggesting protection methods to mitigate the risk of future incidents
Compass IT Compliance's Digital Forensics services can assist in the following areas:
- Post Breach Analysis – Assist organizations with the identification of indicators of compromise, incident timeline, extent of incident, individuals who participated in the incident, and any malware/vulnerability information that contributed to the incident
- Employee Investigations – Assist organizations in the investigation of employees who have misused organizations assets to improperly access unauthorized data or violated the organizations acceptable use policy
- Litigation Consulting – Assist litigation experts investigate security incidents to find the truth with no disposition to the outcome of events
Let Compass IT Compliance assist your organization in responding to active cybersecurity incidents and uncovering the root cause of breaches. No matter if the incident is big or small, all you have to do is give Compass IT Compliance a call! Contact us today to discuss your unique situation. Secure. Comply. Save.