Dark Web Monitoring

Dark Web Monitoring

Dark Web Monitoring Services

The dark web is a hidden universe contained within the “deep web a sub layer of the internet that is hidden from conventional search engines. Search engines such as Google, BING, and Yahoo only search 0.04% of the indexed or “surface” internet. The other 99.96% of the web consists of databases, private academic and government networks, and the dark web. The dark web is estimated to be 550 times larger than the surface web and growing. Because you can operate anonymously, the dark web holds a wealth of stolen data.


Dark Web Monitoring Graphic

How We Do It:

Our team of cybersecurity experts monitor the dark web and the criminal hacker underground for exposure of our clients’ credentials to malicious individuals. We accomplish this by looking specifically for our clients’ top level email domains, external IP addresses, and executive's personal email accounts. When a credential is identified, we harvest it. While we harvest data from typical hacker sites, a lot of our data originates from sites that require credibility or a membership within the hacker community to enter. To that end, we monitor over 500 distinct internet relay chatroom (IRC) channels, 600,000 private websites, 600 Twitter feeds, and execute 10,000 refined queries daily.

Concerned about what credentials or data belonging to your organization may have been unknowingly compromised? Contact the Compass IT Compliance team today to set up a no-pressure consultation and demo of what our Dark Web Monitoring solution can provide!

Related Resources

Dark Web Monitoring PDF

Why Monitoring for Exposed Credentials Is Important

Phishing Assessments

Security Awareness Training

Social Engineering Assessments

Compass IT Compliance Blog Posts

Contact Us